There’s nothing like the feeling of getting your driver’s license for the first time, keys in hand, heading out the door, and becoming an independent driver. We can all remember the excitement we felt. We were probably unaware of the many dangers that lurk around every corner on the roads. There are so many things new drivers need to be aware of.
This is why AutoBidMaster.com put out a New Driver Safety Guide that lists the following helpful links for new teens. Drivers in their teens and early twenties are at the highest risk for accidents while driving. This is why it is a great idea to review these with your teen driver before he or she heads out the door to drive!
Hopefully this information helps in keeping everyone safe on the roadways.
- Defensive Driving – This webpage from the United States Department of Transportation provides information on being a defensive driver on the road.
- Digest of Motor Laws – In this helpful resource from AAA, you will find various motor vehicle laws broken down by state.
- Distracted Driving Laws – This article outlines the various laws about distracted driving in the United States.
- Texting and Driving – In this government webpage you will find out about the different laws on distracted driving by state.
- DWI/DUI Laws – This resource lists the laws pertaining to driving while intoxicated or under the influence by state.
- Driving Safety – This resource from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration contains information and tips for motorist safety.
- Tips for Safe Driving – The American Medical Association provides tips, dos, and don’ts around driving.
- NSC Safety on the Road – This article from the National Safety Council gives tips on ways to be safe while driving and riding on the road.
- Roadway Safety Tips – This informative page provides information and links on various topics concerning road safety.
- Highway and Travel Safety – In this page from the American Red Cross, you will learn tips on how to be safe while traveling on the roadways.
- Handling Emergencies – This website gives information for drivers on how to handle various types of driving emergencies.
- Driving Emergencies – This page from the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles talks about what drivers should do in an emergency.
- Surviving Driving Emergencies – This article lists nine common driving emergencies and how you should handle them.
- Driving Emergencies – Edmunds provides information in this article on how to survive the ten most common driving emergencies.
- Driving Safety Tips – This article from the Weather Channel lists several useful tips on how to safely drive in bad weather.
- Winter Driving Safety – The Indiana Department of Transportation has put together this safe driving guide for drivers in winter weather conditions.
- Driving at Night – This information sheet discusses the risks of driving at night, along with offering driving tips.
- Teen Driver Resources – This portal of information on various teen driving issues comes from the Georgia Department of Driver Services.
- Partners for Safe Teen Driving – This website provides news and resources for teen drivers and parents in order to promote safe driving.
- Teen Driver Fact Sheet – In this webpage from the CDC, many statistics and information on teen driving are provided.
- Facts and Statistics – This fact sheet which looks at teen drivers and driving habits.
- Driving Resources – This informative page provides safe driving resources for teen drivers.
- New Driver Resource Center – This useful collection of information and resources assists new drivers in driving safely.
- Driving Safety Resources – This article covers various areas of driving safety for all drivers.